Friday, April 06, 2007

A Moment in the Frozen Food Aisle II

I realized that I never talked about my "moment" in the frozen food aisle in my last post! So here it goes...

I went to the Korean grocery store to buy some groceries. I had just picked up Abby from daycare and I hadn't seen her all day. So we spent time reconnecting while she rode happily in the shopping cart. I went over all the tricks she knows, reviewed all the body parts she knows (her favorite is still belly button), and even sang some songs to her, while grabbing some green onion here and soft tofu there.

When we got to the frozen food aisle, she suddenly reached out her arms to me. At first I thought she was done riding in the cart and wanted to "go down." However, as I drew close, she wrapped her little arms around me as much as she could, and lay down her head on my stomach. She just wanted to give me a hug! So, I hugged her back, and then she promptly started patting her hand on my back because that's how we always comfort her: pat pat pat. As she pat pat patted me, we had our "moment." Right there in the frozen food aisle, next to the meat and kimchee dumplings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a precious moment. i'm sure you and abby will have many more of these for years to come. :)

sunju said...

Aww... so cute! Matthew loves to rest his head on me when I'm sitting or lying on the ground. He comes sprinting/crawling and grinning like a madman as soon as he sees me. It's so gratifying to be the recipient of baby affection. Every time he does it, I just melt a little.

Sophia Ott said...

Awwww! *sniff That is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

abby is so sweet, you can see it already. what a wonderful little girl you guys have brought into the world!