Saturday, June 26, 2004

Saturday is our church picnic. Hooray! Danny and I are in charge of bringing a tuna pasta salad and water bottles. I just have to say, the tuna pasta salad is a hit at parties. I'm not sure exactly why, but when I got the recipe from Susan two years ago, I was reluctant to try it at first. Could it be THAT great? But little did I know. It was a star ready to be born. It's my go-to dish now for potlucks. And several people have asked me for the recipe since. So here it is... It is for sure a success at parties, so try it out! Thank you Susan!!!

Tuna Pasta Salad
Serves 5-7 people

1 bag of colored rotelli pasta (the spiral ones)
1 can of tuna (the smaller size)
¼ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup chopped basil
½ red onion – sliced
cherry tomatoes – quartered (as many as you like)
½ bottle Best Food Italian dressing

1. cook pasta

2. while pasta is cooking, chop up parsley and basil and mix with Italian dressing in a separate bowl.

3. mix dressing in with the cooked pasta. **you might want to mix in only half of the dressing to soak into the pasta, and mix the rest in right before you serve it.

4. Then mix the tuna, sliced red onion, and quartered tomatoes

No comments: