Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Status report: 7 more report cards to write. I see a faint light at the end of the tunnel.

A surprise was waiting for me when Danny and I came home last night. Someone had left a care package for me in front of our door! Wow. My heart was overwhelmed with gratitude. But the person had left it anonymous. I have no clue who could have given me such a treat. I suspect it's a girl, a teacher, and has a good memory. I say good memory because lo and behold, there were two Krispy Kreme donuts, unglazed and cold. Who would remember that I like unglazed, cold donuts except someone who has good memory?

I have a couple of people in mind, and I can't wait til she reveals herself to me so that I can pour out my thanks. But just in case she remains silent forever, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

When I have a lot to do, and am stressed, I do so many extraneous things to try and avoid doing my work or reward myself for reaching certain goals. So this past week, during report card writing week, I watched like six episodes of 24, I finished a book (The Secret Life of Bees, which is about racism), and I cleaned out the closet in the guest room.

In college, during midterms or finals, I used to put on different shades of lipstick, read about make-up applying tips from different fashion magazines, and catch up on my correspondence. My roommate Patty thought I was weird. She was always a diligent worker who studied normally. BTW, she's getting married this weekend! And I will be co-emceeing with Joe. More stress. But it should be fun.

No comments: