Sunday, April 16, 2006

First Outing

Our first outing together as a family was to church today, on Easter. I'm so relieved that it went well. I discovered the nursery at Baylight. I only vaguely knew it was there, but I never knew how well-organized and delightful it was in there. Go Baylight.

Anyways, my biggest fear when going out is that Abby will cry and won't stop, despite all my efforts to calm her. Why is this my biggest fear? Because I'm a people pleaser. I just feel bad for people around me to have to listen to her wails. It just stresses me out. If babies didn't cry, I would be so happy. I don't mind so much the waking up in the middle of the night, not getting enough sleep, changing diapers, and all the other stuff. But the crying makes me feel so nervous. It's like detective work.

But then again, how would I know to change her diaper if she didn't cry? How would I even wake up in the middle of the night if she didn't cry? I wish babies had little buttons to press to communicate their needs, instead of crying: WET DIAPER, HUNGRY, LONELY, SLEEPY, DIAPER RASH, DADDY STOP KISSING ME SO MUCH. Wouldn't that be great?

No comments: