Friday, April 14, 2006

Two Kinds of Smiles

I read somewhere that babies practice their smiles during their sleep for the first month. And then sometime in the second month they start using this powerful tool during their conscious state. So I noticed that Abby has two distinct smiles. One is from the Chai side of the family. It's this full on ear-to-ear grin, complete with gums/teeth showing and crescent-shaped eyes. It just melts my heart. The other one is from the Park side of the family. It's really just a smirk. She raises just the left side of her lips for about a second, and then goes back to normal. It's as if she heard a witty joke, and then responded with a sarcastic remark, accompanied by the smirk. Just like her uncles!!! I wish I could get a picture of it. It cracks me up.

No comments: