Monday, August 14, 2006

New York Trip


abbywedding
Originally uploaded by jieungrace.
Flying with an infant is not so fun. LA trips are ok because a one hour flight is nothing. However, a six hour flight is not too pleasant for all parties involved. I felt really bad for the teenage girl sitting next to me and Danny. Abby slept for most of the flight, but the several hours that she was awake, there was much fussing and crying and wailing.

Anyways, this is a shot of Abby at Marshall and Connie's wedding. When she's in a new situation with new people, she gets really clingy to mommy and daddy. People wanted to hold her and admire her and coo at her, but she gave them nothin. The most she'd do was stare calmly, if in Mommy's or Daddy's arms.

I just love getting to know who Abby is. She is her own person. It's startling to realize that your little girl is not a replica of your own self, and yet it's exciting to see how my influence on her development marks her as my own.

So far I'm finding that she's shy with strangers, doesn't like big crowds, hates being the center of attention, and she's introverted. Wait a second, am I talking about Abby, or DANNY? Ha! They have similar personalities, for sure. It's cute.

One thing about having an infant: when you walk into a store or a restaurant holding your child, you get a LOT of attention. You can hear whispers of "Oh, how cute!" or "Look at those little toes!" Other people simple walk up to you and ask, "How old is he?" I usually respond by saying, "SHE is 4 months old." Anyways, I love the attention we get. I actually enjoy random interactions with strangers, most of the time, when it's not with creepy men. But I realized that Abby probably doesn't enjoy them as much as I do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait. u enjoy talking to creepy men?!

dh

sunju said...

Seriously - it takes two seconds to notice the ruffly pink dress...

J said...

haha, i was about to say the same thing. it seems that abby's entire wardrobe is either pink or florals. how exactly does one confuse a baby who's decked out in pink with being a boy?

although, not to be racist, but a lot of first generation asians seem to have pronoun issues and often mix up "he" and "she".

sunju said...

White people called Ellie "he" all the time. Race is no excuse. I don't know why boy is always presumed. No one's ever thought Matthew to be a girl. I guess he does look very boyish, though...

Anonymous said...

Aaron loves Abby! I'm serious. I have to show you the video of Aaron watching Abby's videos. He's in love....