Sunday, August 17, 2003

I had my first nightmare about school starting! It's this anxiety-ridden dream that involved me being late for the first two periods of the first day of school. I remember as a student I would be so anxious about the first day of school. It's the same for me as a teacher. Will my kids like me? Will I have things to say to them? It's hard to establish the groove of teaching. You never know how it's going to go until you're up there in front of the class trying out your so-called lesson plans. It's analogous to emceeing at Hanah and Eddie's wedding. I had no idea what to expect because it was my first time. But I planned with my partner, and made sure we had something to follow. Then, when we were up there, it was really all about going with the flow of the audience, gauging what they want to hear, and then just performing. In the end I had a lot of fun. Just like in teaching, at the end of the day, I feel like I finished a performance. And then I get ready for the next day, the next performance. Whew! No wonder teachers need a whole summer break to recover. :) Anyways, back to the dream. When I finally made it to school, my feet were so heavy that I couldn't run to class. I could only walk painstakingly slowly, while everyone around me were running to and fro. I really hope that my first day of classes will go well.

No comments: