Monday, February 23, 2004

We just found out that a sixth grader at my school passed away last weekend. They told us at our faculty meeting today. It was the worst piece of news I've heard in a long time. I didn't even know the girl, but I cried. I cried because it just didn't seem fair. This week is going to be very heavy and somber. Everything that I was thinking that day didn't seem to matter compared to the gravity of the situation. All my pettiness with other people paled in comparison, and I was floored. I know that death comes to us all. I have often pondered about my own death and the deaths of my loved ones at some point. When will it be? How will it end? But I guess death has a way of surprising people. The pain and the grief that accompanies death magnifies our love for one another. And I realized that I haven't been a loving person lately. I know this is only somewhat making sense, but these are just my thoughts.

No comments: