Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I'm such a natural at computer programming! :) Haha. Just kidding. Any old person can do it. I just set up a Comments section on my page, and I'm so happy about it. Anyone want to write me something? A shout-out? An eprop perhaps?

I was trying to comment on Janice's page, when I realized that I have to be a xanga member to make comments on her page. I got so enraged that I decided to get a comments section for my page so that anyone who wanted to write a comment to me would be able to. Ha! Take that, xanga.

I went crazy with Mother's Day gifts this year. Mom, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and grandmother-in-law. Why not, I say. It's so nice to be surrounded by family and relatives who speak English and are in the same country. But all I have to say is, next year I'm sending a nice card. That's it.

I'm a horrible gift-giver by nature, and it's only in the past two years that I've been really trying to become a better gift giver. I remember growing up, I gave Karen the worst gifts ever. And she always gave me awesome gifts. I would always get things for people that I liked and not ones that I thought would make the receiver happy. To this day, I still cringe at the memory of me giving my then 11-year-old brother a solid colored T-shirt from Mervyn's. I thought he would jump up and down for joy because if I had received one, I would have jumped up and down for sure. But he was like, "Thanks." I wish I could go back and get him a super soaker water gun, baseball cards, a Nintendo game, or something like that.

The thing is, I think my younger brother is a good gift-giver. He thinks about what the other person likes, and then adjusts accordingly. For example, I still remember when he got me a Vineyard CD and the matching songbook. It blew me away! I love praise and worship music, and I love matching! Recently, he got us Trivial Pursuit (even though we already had that particular version) because he knew that Danny loves the game. How thoughtful.

My other brother, on the other hand, is not so much into gift-giving. It's not that he doesn't care about loved ones, but I think he thinks that it's philosophically ridiculous. I don't know. I don't want to misrepresent him. When it comes down to it, he knows and accepts that it's a part of society. He'll do it for social reasons, but chooses not to put too much emphasis on it. Since Mother's Day is coming up, and it's socially acceptable to give moms a gift, he was willing to chip in for a gift. But he didn't have to do anything besides give the money. Maybe it's just laziness.

No comments: