Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hot, Doctor's Appointment, Hair

OK, why is it so freaking hot? The Bay Area is not prepared for such weather. At least in Houston or LA everyone is equipped with a working central air conditioner. Here, it's like, people are sleeping over at other peoples' homes, fixing their AC, or moving into the one room of the house that has AC. The last kind of people are us. Danny and I and Abby have been sleeping in the living room/kitchen area. You can close the door so that the cold air stays in. I feel like we've been quarantined or something.

I went to the doctor's today for Abby's 4 month appointment. I knew she was long, but she's a Whoppin' 27 inches, which puts her in the 100th percentile. My immediate thought was, "Oh no, what if she's that girl in school who's the tallest in her class?" I say oh no because I read somewhere that tallness is socially a good thing for boys in school, but not so much for a girl. Usually tallness is closely associated with developing earlier. If you have a girl in a sixth grade classroom that's already matured, and a boy who's already tall and matured, the boy is more likely to have social success than the girl. So I've read. Anyways, after thinking this initially, I was glad that we have such a healthy little girl. Our pediatrician is a Christian, so we pray after every visit, thanking the Lord for Abby's health.

And then she got her shots. Poor girl, didn't know the needles were coming. She was just waking up from her nice nap. And then Wham! Zap! Pow! I know they're necessary and good, but it's so heartbreaking!!!! But she was good. She only cried a little bit.

So my hair is really nice, .... when I have time to make it look nice!!! Which is never. I have these bangs which are great if you spend time blow-drying it and styling. If not, they're just annoying and in your face all the time. What was I thinking???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you used the word freaking. r u listening to jim rome too?!


dh

jieungrace said...

DH, are you in LA now???? Isn't it great?

miriamhead said...

abby's huge and BEAUTIFUL. so what if she's going to be too tall? that means she can model her auntie miriam's future clothing line.

sunju said...

Matthew's 26 inches! Tall cousins.
I was thinking that about your bangs... mostly annoying, but stylin'!

Anonymous said...

it's interesting to me that so many people don't have the luxury of central air. We're so spoiled!

Anonymous said...

I can teach you a 30-second blowdry the bangs trick that will keep them out of your face all day.