Sunday, July 09, 2006

I Got Bangs!!!

I get my hair cut once a year. For women, maintaining hair is expensive. Danny goes to a place called Lisa's Perfect Cuts and get his hair cut for 8 dollars. Apparently, several men from our smallgroup go there as well. They all bonded over how cheap it is - there were smiles all around.

So anyways, I went to get my hair cut at Mission 6 and I decided to get bangs. I chose the most non-ahjoomma cut I could imagine. Ever wonder why ahjoommas tend to have short boycut hair? It's because kids grab onto their mommies' hair when they're held! So now I have a long layered cut, complete with bangs. Totally non-ahjooma, but completely accessible for hair-grabbing by Abby. In fact, because it's layered, Abby has multiple access points; if she doesn't grab the top layer, then she still has like three more chances until the length of hair ends. Oh well. Another sacrifice for beauty. Ah. What women will do for the sake of beauty. And it's not like because I got this haircut, I'm automatically beautiful. Achieving the intended look requires about an hour of blow-drying, training new bangs to be independent of the rest of the hair, hair-spraying, and gelling. I don't have that kind of time every day.

The last time I had bangs was when I was four years old.

OK, now I'm boring myself to death. Got to stop.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The people demand photos.

Anonymous said...

I totally meant to talk to you about your bold hair cutting choice on the phone today, but forgot. Must be the PMS. I want to see. I'm slightly disturbed that HWH asked for a picture first or at all, but whatever. I thought Korean ahjooma's got the perm and bob because it's low maintenance. Wash and wear?

Anonymous said...

I said the *people* demand photos, Karen. The people.

Anonymous said...

I must say, it is quite a sexy haircut. I ADORE it! Go Stanford alum ahjoomas!!! Maybe ahjooma status can bridge the gap between Stanford and Berkeley female alums. We'll see. Or am I already one???

sunju said...

My hair is falling out like crazy. And Matthew is pulling even more out. Gross.

Let's see a pic!

Unknown said...

i'm with penny. it is HOT. you're like ... hotmom. :)