Wednesday, January 28, 2004

I always feel so sad when my mom is in KoReA. I don't know if most of you know this, but I talk to my mom almost every day. I call her to find out how to make a certain kind of stew, or to ask how to sew a button, or to ask for prayer about something small or big, or to simply ask how her day was. I feel very lucky to have a mother with whom I have made a friendship as I became an adult. When you're young, your mom is your mom. But as you become an adult, there's a change. You can become close friends or distant relatives.

We run into conflicts sometimes, and I tell her how I feel and she tells me how she feels. We work it out, and resolve them. It's really quite amazing how this works out. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I miss her when she is out of the country. I have no one to call every day, except for Danny and Karen. Anyways, she has passed her citizenship test this year, and will soon become a citizen of the UnItEd StAtEs of AmErIcA. I'm very proud of her. She's earned it. The interviewer asked her, "What are the 13 original colonies?" And she rattled them off one by one without so much as a pause.

No comments: