Thursday, July 08, 2004

Hi, here am I in Korea. My native country. Motherland. We're at Cheju Airport, at an internet kiosk, killing some time before we get back to Seoul. We were ecstatic to find that there's internet available here at the airport, for our convenience. Danny was especially happy.

So Danny pretty much underwent a drastic change in hairstyle and glasses. Glasses in Korea are soooo cheap! I might get a pair myself.

I don't have a good book to read. Miriam recommended Tess of the D'urbervilles to me, and I'm slowly going through it. But let me tell you, it's a hard read! I can barely understand the English. I need something more easy. Got any other recs under your sleeve, Miriam? Anyone else have a recommendation for me? Anything with Asian themes, racism/prejudice, romance, mother/daughter relationships, and the like will do. I'm willing to expand a bit, too.

We should probably get going to the boarding gate...

So far, we've enjoyed being Korean tourists. Danny is very into being a tourist and seeing the local sights, so it's been very fun. Also, we went with a group that's from LA, so we met people from the LA area. Mostly families with kids going to Sunny Hills or UC Irvine. We were the oddballs. More later!

No comments: