Saturday, July 03, 2004

Today I went to a wedding. One out of like 10 weddings this year! People are dropping like flies. Taking the oath of matrimony. Go marriage!

I'm glad that Danny doesn't like dancing, just like me. I mean, I'll dance sometimes. Here and there. But I don't truly enjoy it. I'm talking about the freestyle shakin' your booty, lookin' cool or dorky, depending on who you are, kind of dance. Don't get me wrong. I love choreographed dance, ballroom dancing, modern dance (kinda), etc. But dancing at weddings is difficult for me.

Back in high school and college, dances were just not my cup of tea. I watched all my friends go to dances, and take those dance pictures, and pass those dance pictures around at school. I know that lots and lots of people do like dancing, and I admire their ability to enjoy the carefree nature of hopping around and gyrating to musical tunes, without feeling self-conscious. But me, I guess I didn't get that gene.

No comments: