Thursday, August 05, 2004

I am such a ham. I know it. I accept it as a part of me. I used to take offense at people saying, "You're such a ham!" But that's all past me. I am a ham. Ham I am. We have to do this skit in Chinese class for the oral final. And I think some people would just prefer not to be up there. The teacher even said, "You don't have to act. Just memorize your lines." What??!! Not ACT? In a skit? I was pretty much shocked at what she said. But then I looked around and saw that many in the class were not cut from the same ham as I. In fact, most people would rather crawl under a turtle shell and stay there learning Chinese. Even if my tones are all off, and I'm the worst one in the class, I still love to get up there in front of the class to take in the spotlight. Ham I am.

No comments: