Monday, August 02, 2004

I've been taking a three-week intensive Chinese course for the past two weeks. I have one more week left, and I just have to say that I love it and I hate it. I love it because it brings me closer to my lifetime goal of TEN languages, it allows me to write a letter to my friend Carey in Chinese, and it takes me on field trips to Cupertino Village to interview various shopkeepers. I hate it because the the characters are so freakin hard to learn, I'm slower than the rest of the native Chinese people in the class, and I've been sleeping every day for the past two weeks at 3am doing homework or studying for a quiz! But I love it more than I hate it. So it's all good.

Another thing I LOVE doing is hosting people/having people over. Why, you ask? I grew up never really being able to ask my friends to sleep over comfortably. No extra room. Two brothers walking around styling their hair and flexing their muscles in front of the mirror. No real space to comfortably call it a "guest room". So now that we have this awesome two-room apartment, I totally want to share it with my friends and offer it to people who need a place to crash. Latest overnight guests: Christine, Barbara, Marshall, Carey, and Jean! I should have kept a guest comment book so people can sign and give us suggestions, etc. :)

No comments: